While people are busy reading Fifty Shades of Grey, I find myself reading books on investing, finances, millionaires, and real estate. I’m kind of obsessed. People think that because they graduated from college that they’re done learning. In fact, many people haven’t read a book since they finished school, yet they find time everyday to fill their heads with useless tweets and Facebook posts! Something is seriously wrong. Truth is you are never done learning. You have to continue to educate yourself, continue to be a student and soak up as much information as you can. It’s the only way that you will continue to grow and continue to become a better person.
One of the first books that I read about money was called Millionaire by 30 by Alan Corey. This is a really informative book and a very easy read. He gives many great tips on how to save money. So whether you want to start investing in real estate or just save money to pay off your credit cards, this book has something for everyone. Here are a few tips Allan mentions in his book:
- Hide money from yourself.
- Only get cash one a week from the atm.
- Don’t waste pocket change.
- Keep busy though side gigs.
- Find free entertainment.
- Never purchase an umbrella instead check the lost and found.
- Use Public transportation.
- Get a roommate and charge them for rent.
- Keep a spreadsheet or journal and track your spending.
- Read different books to educate yourself about money.
What are some money saving tips that you use? Want to learn more from Allan?
Here is a link to Allan Corey’s book “A millionaire by 30” book:
case you want to read it http://www.amazon.com/Million-Bucks-30-Overcome-Millionaire/dp/0345499727/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355794602&sr=8-2&keywords=millionaire+by+30